Sunday, March 2, 2014

Who am I?

  I'll never forget chatting with a woman in a bar in New York City.  After a nice talk about nothing she asked me "So what are you"?  I had no idea what she wanted to know.  Turns out that she was questioning my nationality which in itself seemed strange to me.  "German, Irish, French, English, Chickasaw Indian, I'm a mutt".  "Oh, she said, you're not Italian.",   End of conversation. 
  I guess that was important to her but it got me thinking about how to describe myself.   I was a dog groomer for over thirty years, that was my occupation.  I'm obsessed with my three Poodles that describes what I love.  I'm unstable but hardworking, innovative and artistic.  I have no sense of humor but people find me funny. I enjoy life even in circumstances that almost everybody would find completely unbearable.  Rose colored glasses, I'm just like my father.  Life is meant to be lived and caution to the wind, I never want to say I wish I had.  My poor Mother, Virgo that she is, worries about me constantly but even she admits I always manage to dig myself out of even the deepest hole and smiling all the way up.  I'm me and at 53 years old it's unlikely I'm going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment